Questions About Random Isolated Mirror Brush ( VER_043 )


I am making an engine for an MMO.
Original video here:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_PCglEj-piY



 A four second video isn't much time to explain.
But hey, I am not famous.
So I have the time to put this together since you two were curious.

My engine uses a thing I call a "Hotel" , which is a levelpack storing 13 levels in the configuration below.
( "Hotel" isn't a technical term, I just make up my own words for things. )


Each level is 64x64 tiles, but each level also has all power of 2 tiles.
So each level is actually 7 layers:
Layer 0 : A 64x64 map of 1x tiles
Layer 1 : A 32x32 map of 2x tiles
Layer 2 : A 16x16 map of 4x tiles
Layer 3 : A 8x8 map of 8x tiles
Layer 4 : A 4x4 map of 16x tiles
Layer 5 : A 2x2 map of 32x tiles
Layer 6 : A 1x1 map of 64x tile, One giant tile the size of an entire level.

The ISOLATED brush has an origin isolated to the level , see below animation:


See Video Of Above : https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_PCglEj-piY


The GLOBAL brush mirrors globally, using the center ROOM(level) of the center HOTEL(levelpack) as an origin. ( See Gif Below )





The randomness is because the brush changes the power of 2 tile size it is laying down every once and a while.
All of these settings are configurable in the editor.

If you would like to become a tester for my engine and try out the editor:

Email me personally at:
ɯoɔ˙lᴉɐɯפ@ɹǝpoƆᴉɾuɐʞ
-KanjiCoder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Atomic Ivy MMO - GPU Texture Sampling Math Is Wrong

Level Isolated Mirroring Brush

Atomic Ivy MMO Development Has Begun!