Hooray! Click+Drag! - Atomic Ivy MMO

 Drag To Set Tiles
- Atomic Ivy MMO -




    We can now set tiles by holding down the mouse and
    dragging in addition to the previous clicking method.

    This is great , but it lags horribly.

    Why?

    Well... Every time we set ONE(1) tile we are
    pushing up the entire 2048 x 2048 texture that
    encodes our tilemap data.

    Question : How many pixels encode a single tile?

    Answer : ONE(1)

    So... We are doing ( 2048 * 2048 ) more work than
    what needs to be done so....

    Instead of pushing up 1 pixel evey time we set a
    tile we are pushing up...

    4,194,304 pixels..

    That's massively inefficient.

    If I had a dollar for every time I wasted 4 bytes of
    GPU bandwidth... Well.. I'd have 4 million dollars
    per click. Better cash in on that. I need the money
    to fund my really expensive beef jerky and coffee
    habbit.

    Luckily I am doing better than most people my age
    because I stay away from avacado toast and coffee.
    I know someone who tried avacado and toast once.
    Now they are on the street sucking D/I1I/C/K for
    avacado toast. Avacado Toast #NOTEVENONCE

    -KanjiCoder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Level Isolated Mirroring Brush

Atomic Ivy MMO - GPU Texture Sampling Math Is Wrong