Deploy Node.js App To Google AppEngine #1

 I was using IMGUR to make a gallery for this... But imgur's auto-save feature corrupted my gallery.
So now I am very paranoid about working any further in it. We are going to re-make the two
galleries I have so far on[ www_imgur_com ]here in a series of two posts.

Redundancy is good.

.....
After trying to re-make this in blogger... I give the fuck up.
I named all my images in order using numbers, yet even after alphanumerically
sorting them, and batch loading the images... They end up inserted out of order...
I don't know if this is worth my time...

Here are the imgur galleries , I guess I'll stick with that. It's just easier to use, just the risk of
"no save button" is irritating.

Gallery #1:
https://imgur.com/a/OyYRxBo

Gallery #2:
https://imgur.com/a/oKMEW8S







Google searches will tell you that "firebase" is the replacement for "heroku". But digging a bit deeper... Well... it's confusing as f_u_c_k... I think.... the solution is "GoogleAppEngine" which requires a "GoogleCloud" account. And the toolchain that has "GoogleAppEngine" commands in it is the "GoogleCloud CLI". If you can afford the money HEROKU is definitely better than GOOGLE for deploying stuff. Like... I need to install PYTHON to get the command line interface (CLI) working? What kind of bullshit is that google? Heroku's shit works right out of the box. Though it is GETTING WORSE. For example, most commands that once worked in "Git Bash" only work in windows "powershell" now.





First you have to signup for GCLOUD:
https://console.cloud.google.com/freetrial/signup

Then you can go here (screenshot above) and click "Download The Google Cloud CLI Installer" https://cloud.google.com/sdk/docs/install
Clicking will ask you to save : GoogleCloudSDKInstaller.exe




I am questioning if this "Gcloud CLI" is the "GoogleAppEngine" thingy I need. But fuck it... We have to start somewhere, so lets start here.





Click[ Download the Google Cloud CLI Installer ]
More specifically Click[ Google Cloud CLI Installer ]




The installer seems to be taking a while... it is now 10:27 AM...
I think it's been 5 or 10 minutes so far? I am bad at keeping track of time.



Lucky for me most of these other images don't have any caption text...

























Switching to same account that I am currently using in the terminal.
(Pictured Above)





No python.... Yet... "where python" gives me results.















Click "I agree..." and then click "AGREE AND CONTINUE"










CTRL+Z+ENTER ? ... Fuck you python. Did I mention I hate python? White space matters? Seriously? You know how many times I' accidentally backspaced indentation or deleted a semi-colon? Manageable fix in most code, disaster in python.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Atomic Ivy MMO - GPU Texture Sampling Math Is Wrong

Level Isolated Mirroring Brush

Usage of my time