Forking Shader 7 into 7 & 8

 Forking Shaders

www.tinyurl.com/BOMB-CODE



    Shader 7 will be the base of shader 8.

    Reasoning? We are __NOT__ finished with the work
    I wanted to do for shader #7 , but this looks
    really cool and seems like it could be useful.

    I know if visual is only accessable by turning on the
    correct debug flags, it will just get burried and
    forgotten about. I know from exprience.

    So the visuals we currently have for shader #7
    we are going to STICK with. The rest of the
    work we had planned will be done in shader #8
    by copying everything we have, pasting it into
    shader #8 , and then diverging to two pieces
    of shader code from one another.

    Once we fork the two shaders , we need to remember
    to make the current rendering method in shader 7
    the PRODUCTION METHOD. Right now the render for
    shader 7 you see in this video is from a
    DEBUG BLOCK of code.

    Heroku won't be free for much longer, so we might
    want to halt shader 8 work until we have successfully
    deployed our project to google app engine.

    There is also a thing called "render.com"...

    But... I am betting AGAINST render.com one it's
    shitty name alone. Like, how am I supposed to
    google for stuff with a generic name like that?

    I am not saying "RENDER.com" is bad. Just that
    "discoverability" has a __HUGE__ impact on success.

    If I assume that what I am doing is awesome as fuck,
    which I do think that, then the reason I only have
    31 subscribers is because of discoverability problems.

    That or... No one knows what the fuck I am doing because
    my videos are so concise that they don't advertise
    "Hey Guys I am making an MMO from Scratch In JavaScript!"

    I am trying to plug that message at the beginning of
    new videos however. But it will probably be 2 months
    before new videos where I am doing that are released.

    This 2 months delay might hurt my ability to quickly
    pivot and react to feedback.

    Reminds me of "The beer problem" in the book...
    "The Seventh System" ... Is that what it is called?

    "Understanding Systems Thinking" maybe?


    Here is the beer problem :

    https://readingraphics.com/understanding-systems-thinking-the-beer-game/

    -KanjiCoder



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Atomic Ivy MMO - GPU Texture Sampling Math Is Wrong

Level Isolated Mirroring Brush

Usage of my time