Tile Value Block-In ( A.I.M. Dev Log )

 Tile Value Block-In

www.tinyurl.com/BOMB-PLAYLIST-002



I AM MAKING AN MMO FROM SCRATCH IN JAVASCRIPT!!
And I document EVERY SINGLE LINE OF CODE. You think you
heard me, but you didn't hear me. EVERY SINGLE LINE OF CODE is documented. I've never seen anyone document code to the level of O.C.D. that I do. Hopefully my obsession will help you understand the code to the fullest if you wish to follow along.

We are blocking in the 15 non-zero tile values into groups of 3 and 5.

Tiles :  1 -  5 : Shaded Red
Tiles :  6 - 10 : Shaded Green
Tiles : 11 - 15 : Shaded Blue


Tile 0 : Signifies empty space, should be rendered transparent, but doesn't seem to do this for all tile layers.

DARK TILES : Layer 0 , the geometry layer
FULL SATURATION TILES : Layer 1 , the bomb layer
PASTEL TILES : Layer 2 , the FADA layer

FADA == Flames_And_DAmage . This layer used to animate explosions as well as used as a "damage mask" to render tiles in a destroyed state.

This is the 3rd, and NOT FINAL shader we will be writing for this game. Each shader will do something the previous shader didn't. The final shader needs to:

1. Be fast
2. Look awesome
3. Render all tile layers and tile values.
4. Support Auto Tiling Methods And Mirroring (AM4 Values)


-KanjiCoder


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Atomic Ivy MMO - GPU Texture Sampling Math Is Wrong

Level Isolated Mirroring Brush

Usage of my time